Monday, December 12, 2011

Men: Do you approach women when you go out or do you wait to be approached? Ladies: Do you ever chat up guys?

I'm asking because only ONE of my male friends ever chats up girls when we go out, there's a group of about 12 of us, girls and guys. One of the guys always speaks to girls, if he sees one he likes he'll just walk over and start up a conversation. I've never gone with him so I haven't a clue what he says or asks or whatever, I've always wondered what he does!? lol.

As far as the girls go, not a single one of them approaches men. One of my best friends will maybe sit next to a couple of guys at a table or whatever, and sort of 'encroach' on the conversation by listening to what they are saying and then just piping up and joining in. But that is about it.



I'm the same as they are. 'Stand Around and Look Pretty'. We call it.

But I do admit, it is a little silly.



So what I'd like to know is, what do you guys do? What is your technique (if you have one) do you even approach members of the opposite sex when you go out and if so, how and what do you say? :)Men: Do you approach women when you go out or do you wait to be approached? Ladies: Do you ever chat up guys?
I only really approach someone who has acknowledged me with a smile or a look FIRST or who is right next to me or already walking towards me - I never walk across the room to approach a girl esp if she hasnt even given me any indication of interst first.



I get ';approcahed'; more than my friends do but (I dunno if its a lot for a guy) but usually its a smile or a passing comment like ';your good-looking'; rather than, ';Hi, my name is...';. More so than often its either a smile or a look or a freind of the girl's telling me her mate likes me (when that happened last I was over like a shot with NO fear cos I knew I WOULDNT be rejected or humiliated cos she'd been staring at me for ages)



I dont have a line, usually I'm just spontaneous and say something about what she's wearing or what the place is like. If I know the girl likes me cos she's been smiling or staring at me I'm usually very cocky or confident and direct cos I know its OK to be.



If you like me and are looking at me then make it CLEAR its me you're looking at by SMILING or something....but dont stop till I come over cos many of us men are thinking, ';Is she really looking at ME or someone behind?'; We want to be sure its US you're interested in cos if we're wrong it can really humiliate and embarrass us. If I'm SURE it's ME you're interested in I'll come over and be qute direct, no need to beat about the bush when you've made yourself clear - I'll just say I noticed you noticing me and wanted to say hi.Men: Do you approach women when you go out or do you wait to be approached? Ladies: Do you ever chat up guys?
as im quite shy i like to have a girl approach me. doesn't happen very often though ;)
On occasions, if I'm at the bar I mgiht say hi. But most girls go out in agroups so there aint much point approaching as they are busy chatting to mates-besides there isn't much to say.
Men should approached us (girls) first, don't wait until we set the first move coz we just approach first if we like the guy. Yes, we do chat guy if they will just treat us right i mean if they can approach us in a right manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment