Friday, November 19, 2010

I have a hard time meeting women, how do I talk to a woman I don't know?

I'm going to say my age at the bottom when you're done reading, or alot of you won't give me the chance to read what I just typed up.





I've always had a problem with girls. I can talk to them fine if they are in a class of mine, or if they are a random peer. I CANNOT in any way, shape or form approach a girl I do not know or have never seen before, if its a girl I see on the bus,skytrain etc. I've been told by many people I'm extremely good looking, that I should attempt getting into the movies, or model. Apparently girls my age are ';intimidated'; by me and I completely hate it.





There are the ';party'; type girls who have had many boyfriends, are high maintenance and tend to have slept around with alot of guys; these girls always take interest in me and want to talk to me and put out on me, but I am NOT attracted to these types of girls WHAT-SO-EVER. I think they are extremely shallow and am not attracted to them in any way.





Then there are the girls who don't put out, the ones who seem innocent and aren't really popular or known, but are very mature and have high morals. I always seem to be attracted to these girls. It seems IMPOSSIBLE for me to get with one as in a relationship. I've come across many cute looking girls on the skytrain or bus, in the past I tried to initiate conversation, but it seems like I end up scaring them or creeping them out (thats what it seems like to me) and it just doesn't work.





Now up until recently, I completely gave up and lost all motivation to even talk to girls. There has been times lately where a real cute looking girl who looks just like my type comes along and sits right beside me on the bench waiting for the bus, smiling at me- Now a days I don't even bother saying anything and sometimes I cant help myself but to give them a ';dirty'; look, and when we go our different ways I regret it and ask myself why the hell did I do that. In these situations, the girls tend to be a few years older than I am, because NOBODY thinks I'm my real age.





So I'm 16. I average an age of between 22-24. A problem I'd admit, is I grew up much too fast, I live on my own already. all due to my upbringing. I'm 5'9 190 lbs with almost NO FAT, I'm a health nut. I go to the gym 7 days a week and have been doing so since I was 14.Almost everyone at my gym thinks I take steroids, but I would never. I don't drink, I don't do any drugs. I live a very healthy and active lifestyle. I just can't relate to most girls who are my age, who are usually shallow and immature.





What advice can you give me, reading all of this? I'm at wits end and I just completely gave up. I refuse to sleep around at parties with drunk girls. By looking at me, you would think I'm a player. and I tend to always get stereotyped this just by my looks.





(I know life isn't about chatting girls up etc, but I've recently started getting a bit lonely and would enjoy sharing my life with someone who deserved it)





Any advice, please. I really don't know what more I can doI have a hard time meeting women, how do I talk to a woman I don't know?
Crazy, We kind of have a lot in common here. I'm actually in the same boat as you. For some reason guys that think their top of the line always end up talking to me. You know, the jocky, over conceited ones. And somehow their all exactly the same.





It seems impossible to meet someone with morals. I want to find someone that knows what they want, and thinks differently and indepth about things. So we can have long indepth conversations while we sit at a really unknown lake at 2 in the morning. Sounds kind of cute huh?





All my friends don't understand why i haven't dated much at all, but i know what guy i'm looking for. I guess i'm just staying with myself, and building myself until i find him.





By the way, I'm 16 too. I go to the gym a lot too. I get mistaken to be 19 or 20, so maybe i look a little younger then you. %26amp; I'd love to meet that person now too. I kind of feel like times being wasted away without them here.





See, we're a lot a like it's weird. When you find a way to fix it, let me know.I have a hard time meeting women, how do I talk to a woman I don't know?
My advice...be natural. Stop analyzing the whole thing and looking at every girl as either 'my type' or 'not my type'. Just let life happen and soon, it will.


Talking to girls would probably be a lot easier if you weren't in 'analytical mode' while doing it. Just be yourself, enjoy friendships with whomever you feel connected to and let the rest happen on it's own.


Good luck=)
I apologise in advance for what I'm about to say.


I absolutely, totally do NOT believe you are 16, I'm sorry.


You don't write or sound anything like a 16 year old. I think your a much older guy. Even mature teenagers wouldn't write like that, you sound like someone alot older than 20s as you say you look like apparently.


However, if you really are 16 and I'd be amazed if you are, my advice is chill out, a 16 year old has his whole life ahead, girls will come and go, relationships will begin and end, that's all part of life.


The key is to not take it seriously, to live each day as it comes, to be yourself and to let the rest take care of itself.


If you are 16 though I apologise, but I'm so sure your not I would bet anything on it!!
1) Get rid of your complex.


2) Don't ask questions like this be yourself or you will have a problem before you even stared.


3) Be polite and show interest without being to nosey.


4) Try to find common ground, interests.


5) The rest will come by its self.
Hi, it's probably not what you want to hear, but relax. You don't have to rush things.





Just focus on being sociable, meeting people and making friends (at clubs, societies, parties, the gym, events and so on) and seeing how things go from there.





If you are looking for more mature, intelligent women consider giving university a try or volunteer for a cause you support to meet like-minded people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment