Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I talk to girls that I don't know?

I'm going to say my age at the bottom when you're done reading, or alot of you won't give me the chance to read what I just typed up.





I've always had a problem with girls. I can talk to them fine if they are in a class of mine, or if they are a random peer. I CANNOT in any way, shape or form approach a girl I do not know or have never seen before, if its a girl I see on the bus,skytrain etc. I've been told by many people I'm extremely good looking, that I should attempt getting into the movies, or model. Apparently girls my age are ';intimidated'; by me and I completely hate it.





There are the ';party'; type girls who have had many boyfriends, are high maintenance and tend to have slept around with alot of guys; these girls always take interest in me and want to talk to me and put out on me, but I am NOT attracted to these types of girls WHAT-SO-EVER. I think they are extremely shallow and am not attracted to them in any way.





Then there are the girls who don't put out, the ones who seem innocent and aren't really popular or known, but are very mature and have high morals. I always seem to be attracted to these girls. It seems IMPOSSIBLE for me to get with one as in a relationship. I've come across many cute looking girls on the skytrain or bus, in the past I tried to initiate conversation, but it seems like I end up scaring them or creeping them out (thats what it seems like to me) and it just doesn't work.





Now up until recently, I completely gave up and lost all motivation to even talk to girls. There has been times lately where a real cute looking girl who looks just like my type comes along and sits right beside me on the bench waiting for the bus, smiling at me- Now a days I don't even bother saying anything and sometimes I cant help myself but to give them a ';dirty'; look, and when we go our different ways I regret it and ask myself why the hell did I do that. In these situations, the girls tend to be a few years older than I am, because NOBODY thinks I'm my real age.





So I'm 16. I average an age of between 22-24. A problem I'd admit, is I grew up much too fast, I live on my own already. all due to my upbringing. I'm 5'9 190 lbs with almost NO FAT, I'm a health nut. I go to the gym 7 days a week and have been doing so since I was 14.Almost everyone at my gym thinks I take steroids, but I would never. I don't drink, I don't do any drugs. I live a very healthy and active lifestyle. I just can't relate to most girls who are my age, who are usually shallow and immature.





What advice can you give me, reading all of this? I'm at wits end and I just completely gave up. I refuse to sleep around at parties with drunk girls. By looking at me, you would think I'm a player. and I tend to always get stereotyped this just by my looks.





(I know life isn't about chatting girls up etc, but I've recently started getting a bit lonely and would enjoy sharing my life with someone who deserved it)





Any advice, please. I really don't know what more I can doHow do I talk to girls that I don't know?
if you look alot older than you say you are then beware as the girls may think you are a paedo. But whats there to be afraid of? You might never see the girl again so just be confident!How do I talk to girls that I don't know?
You are only 16. Don't worry about it.
whoa . um ihave a brother


that is 16 and he has no problem with girls . on the other hand you guys don't have the same type . maybe yu can bump into a girl and small talk compliment her shoes . her bag herh air or her eyes . ireally have no advice but its qood your trying to get over your problem now before itts worse when yur 30 .
go and join a group or a class... learn a new skill like working with computers or go and do english, creative writing, art etc, get chatting to someone by saying maybe - can i borrow a pen? asking about tasks set in the class etc... what are you gonna do for this? do you know how to spell this word etc...





just little things like that and then you can slowly say more things to girls/women... even if its not a girl u like, u can use the experience to build your confidence up or she may have a friend that you may eventually meet and like...





try to be friends with girls first, u never know if she has a cute friend u might like.
Your problem is that you are in love whit your self, one is not to go 7 days a week to the gym boy, only 5 or 4 is ok, im 5'6 and im 150 i don't go to the gym cause i do military work outs.


But this is not about work outs, you are 16 don't worry about it, just be your self there will be a day when a girl just talks to you and you will have a friend that's how i lost my fear at age 16, im 17 now.
Haha you sound perfect, dude.


Don't worry about them.


Wait a while.


You don't have to go looking for a girl [=
if you're so sure about how irresistable you are then i don't see what the problem is. You know they will say yes so just ask. Just be yourself, stop worrying about what other people think and go for it. Most people find it hard to talk to girls at 16, it's not unusual.
I admire your honesty mate. Look i don't think there is anything wrong with going to the gym at your age, There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to stay fit, or improving the way they appear. My advice is to join a sports club, like tennis, or volleyball where girls also play. You will meet lots of fit, interesting girls, with whom you will share a common interest. When you find a girl you can relate to, it all comes naturally. You sound like a really great guy, so you shouldn't have any problems when you start talking to her. It worked for me :)
Try taking small steps. Start out with just smiling back at a girl who smiles at you. Then take another little step once your a little more confident. It'll get easier the more you do it.
Just be yourself, you might be nervous while talking, i'm exactly the same tbh. And you might stutter or stummer whatever you call it, or blink alot or even hesitate. But do NOT stop talking, don't stop until you've finished what you're trying to say. Most girls are flattered when cute guys approach them, and if they see you're nervous they'll be even more understanding. Plus, you're only 16 dude, you have YEARS to polish up a good conversation with girls.





But just be yourself.
look hun you sound like a great guy to me


i think your over panicking over looking into things i would say calm down first of all


just chill out and just aproach a girl you like with a smile and just chill shell probably be very flattered just talk normally and be yourself dont let it get harder than it sounds


girls arent aliens and arent mean creatures


those girls that you think are high maintenece and shallow may seem it but i bet if you get to know them youll be very surprised :)

No comments:

Post a Comment